This policy is valid from 29 October 2011
Revised on 22 July, 2017
A matter of principle
My policy on this site has been to maintain it as free as possible from regime loyalists and mouthpieces. And I intend to keep it so. I don’t believe that defending a regime like Assad’s criminal regime deserves any space on my blog. And I don’t owe its fascist and sectarian supporters to propagate their rhetoric, lies, obfuscation and/pr their repulsive pretense to civility and superiority. I believe that their actions and words in preservation of this the Assads barbarian state may be considered, as by recent precedents established during the Rwanda trials, a grave threat to the peace of humanity.
I have tried, and will continue to try to ban any comment of sectarian, racist, anti-Semitic, or pure hateful nature, no matter who writes it. Likewise, any support of terrorist organizations will be immediately banned. And I will continue my work, which was never stopped (even during long absence from this blog), to support the building of a plural, democratic, and secular Syria. A Syria that is free of the Assads mafia rule and from the residuals of their forty murderous years, which have destroyed much of the country’s moral and social fabric, and destroyed many many cities and neighborhoods not to mention more than 500,000 lives and millions of refugees. A Syria free authoritarianism, be it in the name of nationalism, or in the name of religion.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me (OFF THE WALL), wishing to remain anonymous for variety of reasons.
- The owner of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog. The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.
- This blog may accept guest posts by other authors, who may also wish to remain anonymous, with the understanding that minor editorial changes may be applied and that no compensation would be provided by the owner(s) of this blog for any post or comment by any contributor.
- This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We, the owner and guest contributors, write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
- The views and opinions expressed in the main post are purely those of their authors. Only post written by the owner and identified as such only represents the opinions of the owner.
- Posts written by guest contributors represent the opinions of their authors and not those of the owner.
- Comments made by visitors and/or contributors are the opinions of their authors and they do not represent the opinion of the owner.
- Publication of a comment or guest post does not signal endorsement by the owner or by other contributors of the content of the comments or post.
- The owner reserves the right to respond positively and promptly to requests from WORDPRESS for removal of any content violating the host policies.
Terms of Service
The owner of the blog will attempt, in good faith, to comply with WORDPRESS Terms Of Service (http://en.wordpress.com/tos/) and as such reserve the right to withhold, edit, or delete, even after publication, the following types of comments
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others including Personal attacks against other contributors;
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sectarian, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Breach the copyright of others
- Advertise products or services for profit
- Include any information that jeopardize the privacy right of others
- Contain excessive number of links and/or Youtube Videos
- Appear to be designed to derail discussion
- Attempt to seek personal information that may risk the anonymity of other contributors directly or indirectly
- Repeated cut and paste from other blogs and/or news services without providing original contribution.
- Cut and pasts from social media with the intent of violating the privacy of the owner or any contributor or commentators.
- Comment that repeatedly annoy or badger other contributors.
The current moderation rules are the following
- First post by a new contributor (as identified from email address) will be held in moderation
- Subsequent posts will be automatically posted except in the following situations
- Posts with more than 5 links (standard to avoid spam)
- No posts are currently held in moderation due to the presence of certain words, but such may be requested by the community and the owner reserves the right to respond positively and/or negatively to such requests.
- The owner of the blog will publicly announce if and when others are engaged in maintaining and/or moderating this blog without violating their anonymity.
Restrictions and Denial of Service
The owner of the blog reserves the right to deny, partially or fully, service to contributors who repeatedly violate the rules of the blog. Denial can be temporary and/or permanent and may be initiated in response to repeated complaints when found reasonable. The following procedure will be used.
- Deletion/Editing of offending comment
- Private and/or public Warning,
- Temporarily suspension from posting or limiting the number of posts
- Permanent banning.
For questions about this blog, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org